Qs and As
1. If everyone quit their government jobs, it couldn't function. What then?
2. If I quit my government job, someone else would take my place - so what good would it do?
3. If I quit my government job, wouldn't I have to take a pay cut?
4. If I leave my government job, what about my pension?
5. Are you nuts; how could I find new work in this job market?
1. Q: If everyone quit their government jobs, it couldn't function. What then?
A: You may never have seen them before, but a lot of people have given a lot of thought to that one for a long time, and there are some pretty good answers waiting. Some of them are in the book A Vision of Liberty and there are some on the web site The Anarchist Alternative. This is a good and serious question; give yourself time to consider these good and serious answers.
2. Q: If I quit my government job, someone else would take my place - what good would it do?
A: First and foremost, it will do good to you. You will no longer be in internal conflict, spending every day doing a job that you now know is like working for the Mafia, only worse. Your conscience will be clear and your self-esteem, healthy. These are huge gains!
Then later, as more and more follow your example, government will become unable to function - see the answer to Q1 above. You - and they - will enjoy true freedom for the first time in human history.
3. Q: If I quit my government job, wouldn't I have to take a pay cut?
A: Possibly you will - at first. But consider three vital factors:
4. Q: If I leave my government job, what about my pension?
A: First, read its terms. Then consider how likely it is that they will be fulfilled. There's good reason to expect that in the late 2020s, all government in America will disappear. That will mean that your certificate of entitlement to a pension will, when offered together with a silver dime, probably purchase you a cup of coffee.
Second, when government vanishes its fraudulent paper "money" will vanish also; in fact, during its first century, that paper money has lost 98.5% of its value already. The next decade or two will probably dispose of the remaining 1.5%. Whether you quit now or later, your government pension will be good for nothing but wallpaper.
So the best course of action is to join the honest work force at once, not later, and buy into a pension plan denominated in real money - gold and silver. For extra safety, look outside the United States for a provider, because in its final few years government here will grab every asset it can access, to try to prolong its life.
Will this apply to Social Security too? Of course. The only difference is that your pension plan probably comes with a contract, while the SS does not and never did. "Social Security" pensions are paid only at the discretion of Congress.
5. Q: Are you nuts; how could I find new work in this job market?
A: Which of us is "nuts" can be decided calmly, by considering the sanity of spending every working day helping along an organization that is causing discord, poverty, misery and death and which is destroying your own sense of self-worth. But the rest of the question is fair: job hunting is tough.
Please review several factors: